Home Forums Community OHS Regulation’s vs Canadian Occupations Health and Safety Regulations

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

What’s the difference between the OHS Regulation’s found on worksafeBC website and the Canadian Occupations Health and Safety Regulations found on the https://laws.justice.gc.ca/ site’
    Would you say there is more than one book of regulations I should be reading to ensure we are complaint with all Workers Health and Safety Policies?

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

It’s kinda’ like asking what’s the difference between Manitoba and Saskatchewan employment standards law. They’re laws from separate jurisdictions regulating the same subject. There’s some but not complete overlap between them.
    I’m afraid that reading the regulations is never enough to ensure compliance. Regulations are one element of the law. Others include legislation, case law, regulatory guidelines, best practices and even voluntary standards like CSA.

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Thank you, which two jurisdictions are these sets of laws from?

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

They both seem like federal laws regarding OHS to me…

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Worksafe BC it’s provincial and COSHR are regulations from Canada Labour Code Part II so Federal Juridiction

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

The COHS regulations on the MoJ site are federal; the OHS Reg. on WorkSafeBC are for BC. But it is possible that MoJ publishes the Regs from all of the jurisdictions, including BC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.