Home Forums Community BC – Blocking for support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Morning, 
    TDLR: Can I cut composite blocking shorter to meet the needs of the work process’ 
    I’ve been looking at these composite blocks for a while now and am ready to make the switch. I have been having some difficulty in finding some that meet my companies specific needs without the need for further modification of the material itself. Now the company that makes them and we will be getting them from, has noted that they do not have the ability to cut them themselves also the warrenty of the product would be void as it would be modified. 4x4x30 would be cut into three pieces & 2x4X18 cut into two pieces. We have reached out to them to gain a letter from them stating that the load limit on the pieces should we cut them, that it would not be lowered or the composition of the product would not be altered to be unsafe. I do have some reservations from management in regards to our liability should the equipment fail in some way after the blocks have been cut. So, Can I cut composite blocks to be shorter to meet the needs of the work process?

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Wow. This question calls for more technical knowledge and understanding than a poor lawyer like me possesses. But I’ll do whatever I can to see you get an answer. There are 2 options: 1. Contact me directly at glennd@bongarde.com and walk me through your question so I can at least figure out where in the regulations to search for an answer. If you don’t feel like “dumbing it down” for me, we can try posing the question to the OHSI members as a whole. Sorry for coming up short like this but the worst thing I can do is to fake that I know what I’m doing with this one. Glenn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.