Home Forums Community Are there any provincial end of year incident statistics required such as with EAHVOR reporting for federally regulated employers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Yes. The federal OHS Regs. also require employers to submit a Hazardous Occurrence Report every March 1. Here’s the applicable part of the Canada Labour Code OHS Regs: 
    Annual Report

• 15.10 (1) Every employer shall, not later than March 1 in each year, submit to the Head of Compliance and Enforcement a written report setting out the number of accidents, occupational diseases and other hazardous occurrences of which the employer is aware affecting any employee in the course of employment during the 12 month period ending on December 31 of the preceding year.
    • (2) The report shall be in the form set out in Schedule II to this Part, contain the information required by that form and be accompanied by a copy of any report made in accordance with subsection 19.8(1).
    Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

I think I might have misread your question as pertaining to End Of Year reporting for federally regulated employers, rather than for provincially regulated employers. In fact, some jurisdictions do have such requirements.  Your question inspired me to do a full court research press on this. We’ll create a Master Checklist but here’s a quick summary. Feel free to contact me at glennd@bongarde.com if you want more info: 
    ANNUAL OHS REPORTING REQUIREMENTS TO GOVT. 
    FED: EAHVOR incidents + Hazardous Occurrences Report summary
    ALBERTA: Mine Plan certified by professional engineer (for mine owners)–due Sept. 30
    BC: Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) Annual Evaluation Report + Summary Annual Review of Health Protection Plan for certain lead smelter operations exempt from lead occupational exposure limits
    MANITOBA: Annual Report on Workplace Violence Incidents + Annual Audiometric Testing Report for noise exposure (required every 2 years)
    NOVA SCOTIA: Annual Summary of Job Training Program at Coal Mining Operation
    ONTARIO: Asbestos Work Operation Report for a Type 2 or Type 3 operation
    QUEBEC: Annual Report of JHSC Activities (due to CNESST by March 31)
    SASK: Summary of hours worked and occupational injuries during preceding year (if govt. requests it)
    NWT/NUNAVUT: Summary of hours worked and occupational injuries during preceding year
    Hope this finally answers your question. Glenn 

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Okay, Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.