Home Forums Community Are all provinces and territories going to adopt new First Aid Regulations to comply with CSA Standard Z1220 (First Aid Kits) So far 4 provinces have done so (Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador)? Are you aware of any plans for provinces to adopt a national standard for First Aid Certification levels for first aid attendants?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Yes, I think that’s the plan. One of the problems–and I just covered the new harmonization rules–is that I don’t have access to the doggone CSA Z1220 standard. But I believe that part of the first aid harmonization is to establish Intermediate and Advanced First Aid Attendant as the standard. I believe all 4 of the provinces you name have already done that and are providing employers a grace period (1 year mostly, but I think it’s shorter in Quebec) to make the transition from Level 1/Level 2 to Intermediate/Advanced and are recognizing Level 1/Level 2 as equivalent in the interim.
    Just FYI, I actually had the same question, but with regard to first aid needs assessment rather than first aid attendants. For example, in some provinces the trigger for requiring a first aid room is 100 workers per shift and in others it’s 200. Wonder if they’re gonna harmonize that. Maybe you can tell me. Have a great weekend and I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.