Home Forums Community Alberta – scissor lift training

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

We-have-an-employee-in-alberta-who-uses-a-client’s-scissor-lift.-He-previously-took-an-in-person-aerial-work-platform-course,-but-that-is-coming-up-for-expiry. Due-to-Covid-we’re-concerned-about people going on-site to a training facility for training.  Is an online Scissor Lift course suffient to cover legislative training requirements’  I don’t think so, as I think there needs to be a hands-on practical component to the training.  I think we can consider doing the training internally, but using a scissor lift is not a task our people do often, so I don’t think we would have someone skilled enough to train one of their co-workers. Do you have any thoughts as to whether this has to be an in-person training?

Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

This is odd. I could have sworn I answered this question yesterday. Even that would have been too long to keep you waiting. Now it’s 5 days!!
    Anyway, you’re right, certification training can’t be completed online alone. There needs to be an in-person component. However, certification training is NOT required for scissor lift operation in Alberta–although it is recommended. Bottom Line: Unless the employee gets in-person training, his/her certification will likely lapse. However, you won’t be out of compliance since the worker doesn’t need to be certified to operate the scissor lift. I hope that answers your question and I apologize for keeping you waiting for so long.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.