Home Forums Community Addressing worker’s personal medical history

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    1. Employees that uses medications for health issues such as anti-depressants and anxiety meds, Is it something we can individually talk to them about Mental Health Help or it’s advisable to do a collective safety meeting addressing topics like this not singling anyone out to talk to’ My point here is, I hope as a Safety Advisor or Site Manager we won’t be violating anyone’s right to use the personal information provided by such individuals related to fitness for duty when we singly bring them in to advise them on Mental Health problems considering we are not Human Resources personnel.
    2. Talking about availability of Safety Data Sheet (SDS), can you elaborate on what the term “readily available” means, relative to making the SDS available to employees working with certain chemicals’
    Jeffrey Turner
    Keymaster

Great questions as usual. I’ve got meetings coming up so let me answer one of your questions and then try to loop back on the second one by the end of the day.
    What does “readily available” mean’ This should answer all of your questions even though it pertains not just to SDS but other documents and materials OHS laws require employers to make readily available. https://ohsinsider.com/compliance-cheat-sheet-ohs-records-that-you-must-make-reasonably-available-at-your-workplace/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.