Date: January 9, 2019
Time: 9-10AM + 15min Q&A PST
Speakers: Marnie Downey & Rachel Mitchell
2018 marked the release of the first major overhaul of the CSA Office Ergonomics Standard Z412 since it was introduced in 2000. This session will outline the major ergonomic guideline revisions that employers should be aware of to ensure their workers are set up properly at their computer workstations. Some of the most interesting updates that will be discussed include:
- Expectations of employers to promote office ergonomics as part of a holistic Occupational Health and Safety System.
- Need for employers to focus on both the physical and psychosocial workplace hazards that impact physical and mental health and wellness.
- Ergonomic parameters and guidelines for sit/stand workstations.
- Standards on the use of tablets and mobile phones.
- Participants will receive information to take back to their workplace to ensure staff are familiar with these important ergonomic updates.