High on the list of current challenges facing many companies are issues related to dealing with harassment and mental stress claims by employees.
Date Recorded: March 23, 2016
Title: An Update on Ontario Harassment and Mental Stress Claims
Speaker: Kevin MacNeill
Email: Please email Kevin MacNeill at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the EHLaw newsletter
This webinar focused on recent legal developments in these areas in Ontario, including:
- An update on harassment claims under Bill 168: the current approach of the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- An update on traumatic mental stress claims before the WSIAT since Decision No. 2157/09, including:
- What is the trend in terms of claims allowed/disallowed?
- How is the WSIAT interpreting WSIB Policy 15-03-02 on Traumatic Mental Stress?
- What factors are important in determining entitlement/dis-entitlement?
- How has the WSIAT grappled with competing medical reports?