Recorded: Wednesday Jan. 18, 2017
Slides: Click Here
Title: Recorded Webinar: Using Technology to Engage and Train Millennials
Speaker: Natae Bugg, MS, CSP, Senior Manager, Safety Training and Solutions at SafetyNow
There seems to be a stigma around training millennials (those born between 1980 and 2000, give or take a few years). Millennials are thought to be hard to engage and even harder to keep interested because of their need for instant gratification and short attention spans. Although this generation as a whole may be wired differently than earlier generations that didn’t grow up immersed in technology, it doesn’t mean they’re untrainable.
In fact, it may surprise you to learn:
- Most millennials actually WANT training from their employers.
- Regular training is one of the best ways to reduce turnover and boost productivity in millennial employees.
As with any group, though, knowing your audience, tailoring training content and offering options when it comes to delivery will lead to a more successful outcome.
In this webinar, we cover:
- Statistics and characteristics of millennials in the workforce
- Ways to tailor content and use technology to grab and keep millennials’ interest
- Why delivery methods matter and what training methods work best with millennials.
About Our Speaker:
Natae Bugg is a CSP with almost 17 years of experience in the field of safety and health. She has worked as a safety and training manager in various fields, including construction, telecommunications and biotechnology. She was part of a team that helped launch a company wide online safety training initiative to 26,000 employees as part of her tenure with T-Mobile. She currently works at SafetyNow overseeing the development of training, compliance and reinforcement materials.