June 19 – Must You Create a Job for an Injured Worker Returning to Work?
- Ryan J. Conlin – Partner, Stringer LLP
- Allison L. Taylor – Counsel, Stringer LLP
- Wednesday June 19th | 12:00pm EST | 90 minutes
One of the most vexing questions employers face in the accommodation process is whether they are obliged to create a new position to accommodate a disabled employee and to what extent an accommodated position must be of value to the employer. It is not uncommon for employers to accommodate disabled in employees in position of little or no economic value for extended periods of time.
The Webinar Covered:
- The extent to which an employer has to “create” a position to temporarily or permanently accommodate a disabled employee
- Does the business benefit of any modified position have any legal impact?
- Can an employee insist on a particular accommodated position?
- Can an employee reject an accommodated position which is clearly within the employee’s ability of functional abilities?
- Are employers entitled to rely on WSIB decisions with respect to work suitability?