Date: June 13, 2018
Time: 9 – 10am PT + 15 minute Q&A
Speaker: Adrian Miedema
Slides: Click Here
Want to get up to date on OHS case-law developments? This webinar will provide an overview of important recent developments in OHS case-law across Canada including:
- The breadth of the “general duty” clause under OHS legislation
- Powers of government inspectors to obtain documents
- Whether employee releases of OHS claims are enforceable
- Freedom of speech and workplace safety issues
- Discipline for marijuana in the workplace
- Sexual harassment
- Criminal negligence
- Jail terms for OHS violations
- Workers’ negligence as a defence to charges
Attendees will come away with an understanding of key OHS case-law developments.
Adrian Miedema is an occupational health and safety and employment lawyer with Dentons Canada LLP in Toronto. He is listed as “repeatedly recommended” in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as one of Canada’s leading lawyers in the area of Occupational Health & Safety and Workers Compensation, and is also recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as one of Canada’s leading lawyers in the area of Labour and Employment Law. Adrian is the co-editor of the popular blog, occupationalhealthandsafetylaw.com, which won a Canadian Law Blog Award in 2017. He has significant trial experience, successfully defending companies and supervisors in Occupational Health and Safety Act charges.