Marijuana & Safety
Date: February 28, 2018
Time: 9 – 10am PT + 15 minute Q&A
Speaker: Frank and Ryan
Slides: Click Here
In light of the imminent legalization of marijuana across the country, employers are asking themselves about the potential implications for occupational health and safety. The issue brings into issue the nuanced and complex interplay between human rights, health and safety, and employment law. Employers will need to prioritize workplace policies and procedures to deal with these issues in this brave new world.
Health and safety lawyers Ryan Conlin and Frank Portman will walk you through the latest developments in the law and science, and best practices to avoid accidents, minimize liability, and ensure a safe and productive workplace.
- Drug/alcohol testing
- The current science with respect to testing for marijuana
- Legal obligations to employees who are addicted to marijuana
- Development of legally compliant policies to address marijuana use
- The American experience with legal marijuana; and
- Potential OSHA obligations in relation to marijuana in the workplace.
Ryan Conlin & Frank Portman of Stringer LLP
Ryan is a partner with Stringer LLP and practices primarily in the area of regulatory and employment law.