Date: May 23, 2018
Time: 9 – 10am PT + 15 minute Q&A
Speaker: Glenn S. Demby
Slides: Click here
Big OHS developments are taking place all across Canada. To avoid potential incidents and costly fines, OHS Managers will need to make changes to their current policies and compliance strategies.
This solution-focused webinar will help OHS Managers solve upcoming compliance changes, by covering:
- What changes are taking place;
- How these changes will affect your OHS program;
- What adjustments you need to make; and
- How to brief your C-suite on new compliance trends.
Editor in Chief, Glenn Demby, of OHS Insider will be discussing 5 major changes coming up for OHS, as well as the 5 biggest court cases from the past 12 months (and what these teach OHS professionals).
- Major expansion of current workplace violence and harassment laws;
- Cannabis legalization and its implications for the workplace and OHS programs;
- New OHS penalties and enforcement trends including criminal prosecution and the evolution of C-45;
- New workers’ comp coverage rules of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and mental stress injuries; and
- Upcoming WHMIS compliance deadlines for employers.
Attendees will also get an overview of key new OHS laws in Alberta and Ontario.