Jul 2: WorkSafeBC ends public review on proposed changes to rules on when workers must wear high-visibility apparel (under OHS Regs. Part 8):
- Required for workers exposed to vehicles “and mobile equipment”
- Trigger speed increased from 20 mph and higher to 30 km/h and higher
- CSA standard apparel must meet updated to most recent version, i.e., High Visibility Garment. requirements for Class 2 or Class 3 apparel in CSA Standard Z96-15, HighVisibility Safety Apparel
- CSA standard apparel must meet for workers exposed to vehicle and equipment moving at 30 km/h or less changed to requirements for Class 1 apparel in CSA Standard Z96-15, High-Visibility Safety Apparel
- Clarification that Part 8 high-visibility apparel requirements don’t apply to a traffic control person subject to requirements of Sec. 18.9.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?