Effective mentors are individuals with as many of the following personal qualities as possible:
- Familiarity with the company’s training procedures and objectives;
- Sufficient work experience with the company;
- Experience performing or overseeing the job functions to be carried out by the new/young worker;
- Willingness to take the time to get to know the mentee and his/her learning style and limitations;
- Someone who’s likely to listen to and observe new/young workers and intervene only when necessary for their protection;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- The willingness and ability to provide specific feedback and direction;
- The diligence to ensure mentees actually understand and practice what they’re taught;
- The willingness to seek help or advice from another quarter where the mentor doesn’t have the answer to the mentee’s question;
- A positive attitude and pride in his/her own work and the company;
- The respect of his peers and supervisors;
- Trustworthiness and reliability; and
- Sincere eagerness to embrace the role of mentor and help the mentee.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?