Learn about WHMIS 2015 at Our Free Webinar on May 6, 2015
The system for identifying hazardous materials in the workplace—known as WHMIS in Canada—has been basically the same for decades. But that all changed when the federal government amended the Hazardous Products Act and published the final Hazardous Products Regulations (HPR) to implement the UN’s Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
The new WHMIS, called “WHMIS 2015,” includes changes that will primarily impact manufacturers, importers and distributors of hazardous products. But there are also changes that will impact Canadian employers in terms of protecting their workers.
Learn what Canadian employers need to know about WHMIS 2015 at our FREE webinar on May 6, 2015. (You just need to register online.) In this webinar, Dr. Mike Moffatt, Director of Communications for Nexreg Compliance Inc., will help you understand WHMIS 2015 and answer these questions:
- What are the major differences between the old WHMIS system and the new one?
- What from the old WHMIS still applies? Have expiry dates and WHMIS ranges still apply?
- What are the major difference between WHMIS 2015 and the US GHS-based Hazcom 2015?
- How does WHMIS 2015 change the requirements for consumer products in Canada?
- What are the supplier requirements under WHMIS 2015? (They may not be what you think.)
- What does WHMIS 2015 require in terms of labels, SDSs and worker training?
- What are the compliance dates for WHMIS 2015?
- What will be the biggest challenges/obstacles when converting to the new WHMIS 2015 requirements?