Improve Your Safety Incident Investigations
One of a safety coordinator’s most important jobs is investigating safety incidents when they occur. An effective investigation will identify the cause of the incident and the appropriate steps to take to prevent similar incidents from happening again.
But conducting an effective incident investigation isn’t as easy as it may seem. For example, you need to conduct your internal investigation without interfering with the government investigation that’s also likely to occur, especially for an incident involving a serious injury or death. And you should have the appropriate people on your investigation team.
For techniques that will improve the effectiveness of your safety incident investigations, attend our webinar on Sept. 20 in which presenter Pam Walaski, President of JC Safety & Environmental Inc., will discuss how to:
- Set up an effective incident investigation program
- Triage incidents to determine what level of investigation is warranted and what resources should be deployed
- Develop an effective investigation team
- Establish effective investigation procedures
- Develop a corrective action protocol
- Conduct a trend analysis of past incidents to identify how and why certain incidents keep reoccurring
- Establish clear procedures for reporting near misses
- And much more!
In the meantime, go to the OHS Insider’s Incident Response Compliance Centre where you’ll find information on:
- Complying with incident reporting requirements
- 9 common investigation traps to avoid
- Model incident investigation forms.