Date: October 4th, 2017
Additional Resource: Download
Speaker: Carolyn Dunlop, Associate, Emond Hardnen
Mental health issues in the workplace remain a complicated, and often skipped-over topic of workplace compliance.
However, there are OHS obligations you have regarding mental health, as well as best practices you can implement to ensure compliance.
This webinar will cover managing mental health issues in the workplace, particularly:
- Background facts on mental health and the workplace
- OHS obligations relating to mental health (i.e. harassment)
- Worker’s compensation and psychological injuries
- The duty to accommodate mental disabilities
- Managing medical information and privacy issues, and
- Best practices in prevention.
About the Speaker: Carolyn Dunlop, Associate at Emond Harnden LLP
Carolyn practices law in all areas of labour and employment law, with a particular focus on pay equity, civil litigation, privacy/access to information, and immigration. Her services include drafting legal opinions, employment agreements and workplace policies.