The government launched a new five-year workplace safety strategy aimed at ensuring every Nova Scotian returns home safely from work each day. Highlights:
- Focus on incident prevention through worker education and training
- Increased access to tools that will help small- to medium-sized businesses
- Promotion of better safety practices through inspection and enforcement
- Identification of leaders to champion and advocate safe workplaces
- Implementation of detailed safety policies and procedures to help measure workplace safety more effectively
- Integration of health and safety awareness and training in public school and post-secondary curriculum.