The MOL has proposed strengthened requirements for the operation of suspended access equipment such as swing stages set out in the Construction Projects Regulation. Comments to the proposed changes can be submitted until June 22. Key proposals include:
- Enhancing operational, technical and engineering requirements
- Introducing training requirements for suspended access equipment operators and workers
- Strengthening inspection, testing and maintenance requirements
- New references to national standards related to design, installation, inspection and maintenance
- Introducing new requirements for roof plans and work plans
- Introducing a new requirement for notifying the ministry before putting a suspended access equipment into service for the first time at a project.