WorkSafeBC posted its first update on its progress in implementing recommendations from the WorkSafeBC Review and Action Plan. Detailed information on tools, policies, and protocols developed since the Action Plan are available online. Key progress since July includes:
- Implementing a sustained dust safety compliance plan for sawmills and wood manufacturing sector employers
- Implementing a revised Major Case Management protocol
- Creating a gatekeeper position to ensure oversight of all appropriate legal information to relevant parties
- Signing of two Memoranda of Understanding between WorkSafeBC and police agencies; and between WorkSafeBC and the Criminal Justice Branch
- Developing a health and safety association in the wood manufacturing sector.