Ontario has established an advisory group to help develop and implement a Construction Health and Safety Action Plan. The members of the advisory group, which include an equal number of labour and employer representatives, will work with Parliamentary Assistant Mike Colle and the CPO on finding best ways to:
- Increase the commitment to health and safety in construction workplaces
- Enhance training for workers in the construction sector
- Work with other enforcement authorities and municipalities to improve safety
- Build an awareness of construction health and safety among young people
- Encourage effective supervision of construction workers
- Ensure laws and regulations are better understood by the construction sector
- Ensure effective consumer outreach strategies.