In honor of Canadian Agricultural Safety Week, the WCB reminded farmers of its Farm Safety Code of Practice and advised them to:
• Bring every hazard to workers’ attention.
• Use past incidents or “close calls” as learning opportunities.
• Discuss the safeguards in place to eliminate or minimize hazards.
• Ensure that all workers know what PPE to use and how to use it.
• Have a worker perform tasks under the supervision of a trained, responsible person before attempting the work alone.
• Keep written records of the training workers receive.