In July and August, MOL inspectors will visit underground and surface mines and quarries, checking that they have proper procedures in place to keep workers safe while using, handling and storing explosives and confirming that:
- Explosives storage areas are constructed in compliance with legislated requirements
- Measures are in place to control inventories of explosive products
- Adequate written procedures exist for the disposal of damaged explosives
- Workers are trained on safe handling procedures for explosives
- Processes exist for submitting notices of any defective explosives to the MOL.