The government launched the North American Fatigue Management Program (NAFMP), a voluntary, web-based educational and training program developed to give commercial truck and bus drivers and carriers with an awareness of the factors contributing to fatigue and its impact on performance and safety. The NAFMP provides information on:
- How to develop a corporate culture that facilitates reduced driver fatigue
- Educating drivers, their families, carrier executives and managers, shippers/receivers and dispatchers on fatigue management
- Sleep disorders, screening and treatment
- Driver and trip scheduling
- Fatigue management technologies.