The following amendments to the Regulation 854 (Mines and Mining Plants) will take effect on Jan. 1, 2016 (except as noted below):
- Changes to the electrical requirements for working on energized equipment and electrical locking and tagging;
- Strengthened and improved requirements regarding high visibility safety apparel, which will take effect July 1, 2016;
- Updated references to certain standards, legislation or agencies;
- Updated terminology and clarifying certain requirements; and
- Gradually changing fees for rope testing performed by the Materials Testing Laboratory over a three year period.