The MOL is proposing various amendments to Regulation 854 (Mines and Mining Plants) under the OHS Act. You can submit comments to the proposed changed until Feb. 13, 2015. If approved, the amendments would:
- Implement recommendations made by the Mining Legislative Review Committee
- Strengthen and improve requirements regarding high visibility safety apparel
- Update references to certain standards, legislation or agencies
- Update terminology and clarify certain requirements
- Gradually change the fees payable for rope testing performed by the Materials Testing Laboratory.