The Species at Risk Stewardship Program is funding 105 projects this year in areas including:
- Using science to monitor and conserve endangered bats in Ontario
- Protecting and restoring rare oak savanna habitat for multiple species at risk at St. Williams Conservation Reserve
- Recovering wood turtle populations in Huron County
- Creating habitat for 22 species at risk in and around the Sydenham River
- Enhancing the genetic diversity of the American chestnut tree and expanding seed colonies to continue to bring back this iconic tree.