Of all of the safety hazards in the workplace, confined spaces are among the most dangerous. To comply with the OHS requirements for confined spaces, you need to have written policies and procedures in place on entry into confined spaces.
HOW TO USE THE TOOL
You must adapt this model confined space entry policy for your company’s operations and OHS program and the specific requirements and definitions in your jurisdiction’s OHS laws on confined spaces. Then ensure that all workers and supervisors who are involved in confined space work, confined space attendants and potential rescuers are trained on this policy.
- Western University
- Complying with confined space attendant requirements
- Developing a confined space emergency plan
- A checklist of areas your emergency plan for confined space should cover
- A chart of the oxygen limits for confined spaces in each jurisdiction
- A Model Confined Spaces Co-ordination Document you can use for multi-employer work sites