A worker performing repairs in the combustion chamber of a furnace for heating asphalt was using an arc welder to repair cracks at the bottom of the firebox when fumes from brake cleaners ignited, causing an explosion that collapsed the furnace and fatally crushed the worker. The CSST investigation concluded that the worker was exposed to risks of explosion and fire during hot work. In addition, he was working alone in a confined space and in the presence of flammable vapours without any supervision. The CSST issued the employer a violation notice and will fine it [General Asphalt Village Saint-Pierre, Govt. News Release, April 26, 2012].