An electrician was electrocuted while installing electrical service for a tenant at a strip mall. He’d been working on an electrical cabinet while it was still live. His employer was charged with two OHS violations. It argued that it had exercised due diligence and wasn’t responsible for the experienced electrician’s lapse in judgment. The court disagreed, convicting the company of both charges. The court noted that the company didn’t have a formal OHS program or written safe work practices. It also didn’t provide safety training to junior workers. Thus, the company didn’t take all reasonable precautions for the electrician’s safety or to ensure compliance with the Canadian Electric Code [R. v. R.D. Longard Services Ltd.,  NSPC 20 (CanLII), April 17, 2015].