Feb. 25: Coroner Warns of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

0
3

After a fatality from carbon monoxide poisoning that resulted from the operation of a portable generator in a confined space, the Chief Coroner issued a reminder on the dangers of this odourless gas, which, in high concentrations, can render a person unconscious very quickly and lead to death. That’s why fossil fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, furnace oil and charcoal should never be burned in enclosed spaces and portable generators shouldn’t be used indoors, even if ventilation is provided, said the coroner.