Dec. 6: WorkSafeNB Charges Walmart & Supervisor in Worker’s Death

0
2

WorkSafeNB charged Walmart and a supervisor for the electrocution of a 17-year-old worker while he was using a floor buffer on a wet floor in the garage. The charges include failing to ensure:

  • Workers complied with specific requirements when using a tool
  • The garage was inspected by the employer at least once a month to identify any health and safety risks
  • A tool (the floor polisher) was inspected before use, repaired or replaced if necessary and maintained in proper working condition.