Jan 1: The following changes to the Biological or Chemical Agents (Reg. 833) and Designated Substances (O. Reg. 490/09) will take effect in Ontario in 2020:
- Consolidation of 9 separate substance-specific Medical Surveillance Codes setting out rules for medical monitoring of exposed workers into single Medical Surveillance Code covering all substances
- Consolidation of 16 separate Codes for Respiratory Equipment and Measuring Airborne Substances into single set of respiratory measures
- Let businesses use the “Quebec model” to calculate exposure to hazardous substances for irregular work shifts
- Substitution of hazardous substances with less hazardous substances added to hierarchy of controls
- Strict new respiratory protection program requirements.