May 28: The Nova Scotia Auditor General issued a report citing problems in how the WCB manages claims and the return to work process and listing 12 recommendations, all of which the WCB has accepted, including taking steps to improve:
- Its communications with injured workers
- The complaint resolution process
- Privacy protections for injured workers and redact sensitive and unrelated information from their files before sending them to third parties
- The timeliness of appeals decisions
- Its systems for documenting return to work case management.