Sept 23: Comments closed on Canadian General Standards Board standard CGSB 43.150 setting out requirements for the design, manufacturing and marking of UN Standardized small containers and the selection and use of small containers for transport of Class 3, 4, 5, 6.1, 8 and 9 dangerous goods. Highlights:
- Manufacturers must retest random sample of container designs every 5 years
- Dynamic compression testing allowed for above random testing
- Conditional exemption for use of plastic drums and jerricans past 60 months of manufacture date
- Clarification to requirements for transporting dangerous goods for disposal, recycling or other reclamation process
- New special case for liquid dangerous goods transported in Mobile Process Unit.