Jan 1: A new stand-alone regulation takes effect requiring federally-regulated employers to:
- Develop harassment and violence prevention policies jointly with employees or their representatives, e.g., the workplace safety committee
- Do joint hazard assessment every 3 years and when resolution process fails or other trigger events occur
- Deliver jointly developed training at least every 3 years
- Give victims information about where they can go for support services
- Offer victim several resolution options including early resolution, conciliation and investigation
- Meet specific deadlines in implementing the resolution process
- Provide annual workplace violence and harassment report to safety committee or workers and to government.