Sep 27: That’s the deadline to comment on proposed changes to OHS requirements for safe securement and transporting of logs on highways under Part 26 of the BC OHS Forestry Regs. Highlights:
- Harmonize OHS Regs. with National Safety Code (NSC) requirements
- Enable log transporter operators to comply with both OHS Regs. and NSC using a single method of load securement
- Revise minimum required per wrapper/tiedown strength to allow for industry securement practice
- Require same aggregate strength as NSC does for all wrappers and tiedowns used to secure a load
- Clarify on-highway vs. off-highway load securement requirements
- Remove existing exemption allowing bottom tier and side rows of logs in a load to extend beyond front and rear stakes.