WorkplaceNL released the 2015 workplace injury rates. Highlights:
- The lost-time incidence rate due dropped to an all-time low of 1.5 per 100 workers
- Workers aged 15-24 reported 1.4 lost-time incidents per 100 workers, down 18% from five years ago
- There were 69% more lost-time incidents related to assaults and violent acts in the workplace than five years ago, a rate of 7.6 per 10,000 workers
- Serious injuries remain a focus area, with 11.3 lost-time incidents per 10,000 workers—only a 3% decrease in five years
- There were 24 work-related fatalities, seven due to workplace accidents and 17 from occupational disease, which is down from 29 work-related fatalities in 2014.