A utility worker was seriously injured at a thermal generating station. As a result, the utility was charged with six OHS violations relating to its alleged failure to:
- Provide and maintain a safe workplace and equipment
- Provide the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision
- Ensure that safe work procedures were followed
- Ensure that regular inspections were made at intervals that would ensure safe work conditions were maintained
- Ensure that equipment was used and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure that work areas were arranged to allow the safe movement of workers, equipment and materials [Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro, Govt. News Release, April 12, 2017].