A worker for a company that services industrial cranes and lifting devices went to repair a 20-tonne overhead gantry crane at an auto parts manufacturer. He was later joined by a manager, who wanted to see the repairs. The worker and manager used a scissor lift to reach the crane and the worker continued the repairs. While in the scissor lift, the manager received an electrical shock and died. An MOL investigation found that the worker didn’t follow the energy isolation and verification procedures set out in the company’s safety manual. As a result, the company was fined $125,000 [Konecranes Canada Inc., Govt. News Release, Feb. 7, 2017].