Manitoba wants input on improving the laws governing the safety of technical equipment, such as boilers, electrical installations and elevators. The goals of the review of these public safety laws include:
- Modernization of safety standards
- Consistent treatment of stakeholders across industry and sectors
- Simplification and consolidation, where possible
- Consistent appeal mechanisms
- A legislative framework that ensures public safety while serving stakeholders efficiently and effectively
- More consistent enforcement.