From Sept. 15 to Oct. 26, 2014, MOL inspectors will conduct a safety blitz focusing on hazards involving materials handling at plants, factories and other industrial sector workplaces. They’ll check for compliance with the OHS laws and that employers:
- Have well-maintained lift-trucks and other lifting devices rated for their loads
- Are providing workers with safe access to work areas
- Are ensuring workers perform tasks safely to prevent falls
- Are ensuring mobile/transport equipment is appropriate for use and well-maintained
- Ensure materials are stored in a safe manner
- Have a well-functioning internal responsibility system in place
- Ensure workers are properly trained and supervised.