Weather Safety Tips
Posted On September 8, 2009
Jan. 7: In response to a freezing rain warning, the government advised Islanders to take precautions during severe winter weather, which can trigger power outages. Tips:
- Check if the outage is limited to your home
- Use generators and alternate heat sources carefully
- Turn off and unplug major appliances
- Don’t open your freezer or fridge unless necessary
- Listen to the radio for updates and advice
- After power is restored, turn on appliances one at a time to avoid overloading circuits.
Submit a policy: email to email@example.com
Do You Like This Tool ?