LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
|Workers’ Comp Filing Deadline
February 28, 2018
Feb. 1: That’s the deadline to comment on whether WorkplaceNL should change its mental stress coverage rules. Current Policy EN-18 , which covers only stress resulting from a discrete, sudden and unexpected traumatic event at work, is out of touch with the scientific research showing that PTSD and other psychological injuries develop gradually over time.
EPA environmental assessment actions in Dec.:
- Registration of Baie Verte Tailings Management Facility Expansion, Ming Copper-Gold Mine [Reg. 1939]
- Registration of Flat Bay Gypsum Quarry [Reg. 1940]
- Registration of Crown Zone 5 Five-Year Forest Operating Plan (2016-20) Amendment [Reg.1938]
- Registration of Foxtrot Rare Earth Element Mine [Reg.1936]
- Registration of The Old Trail Development, Eastport Peninsula [Reg.1937].