LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Drugs & Alcohol
Nov. 24: The GNWT unveiled its cannabis legalization plan with an eye to proposing actual legislation in the spring. Key policy objectives listed:
- Protect workers and the public from workplace drug impairment
- Restrict public smoking of cannabis
- Discourage drug-impaired driving
- Keep cannabis and its promotion away from young people.
Dec.: The WSCC hasn’t issued 2018 workers’ comp rates yet but will review 4 important internal policies at its upcoming board meeting:
- Policy 03.09: Psychiatric & Psychological Disorders
- Policy 05.01: Eligibility for Vocational Rehab
- Policy 05.02: Vocational Rehab Programs
- Policy 05.05: Vocational Rehab Allowances & Grants.