LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
July 5: WorkplaceNL extended the deadline for completing OHS safety re-certification training to July 31. Since certification must be renewed every 3 years, the new deadline applies to individuals that completed their initial OHS certification training before July 1, 2015.
July 13: Consultations ended on review of the PRIME (Prevention and Return-to-Work Insurance Management for Employers/Employees program which provides workers’ comp discounts and rebates to employers that meet OHS and RTW criteria. Questions on the table:
- Is PRIME effective in promoting safety and RTW?
- How easy is it for employers to participate in PRIME?
- What improvements should be made to the program?
EPA environmental assessment actions in July:
- Release of Baie Verte Tailings Management Facility Expansion, Ming Copper-Gold Mine (Reg. 1939)
- Registration of Northern Brook Forage and Pasture Land (Reg. 1974)
- Registration of Indian Head Hatchery Expansion Project (Reg. 1975))
- Registration of Goobies EWS Nursery and Laydown Area (Reg. 1973)
- Registration of Burin Cannabis Production Facility (Reg. 1971)
- Registration of CBPP Zone 6 Five-year Forestry Operating Plan (2019–2023) (Reg. 1972)
- Environmental Preview Report Submitted for Colinet-Rocky River Zip Line and Adventure Park (Reg.1752)
- Environmental Preview Report Required for Ming’s Bight (Argyle) Gold Mine (Reg.1959)
- Extension of EIS Review Period for Placentia Bay Atlantic Salmon Aquaculture Project (Reg. 1834)
- Appeal of Minister’s Decision for Argentia Access Road Industrial Composting Facility (Reg. 1838).