LAWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
March 8: The headliner in Yukon’s tabled recreational cannabis legalization bill, as far as employers are concerned, is the limitation of consumption to privately-owned residences and adjoining property—although public property including workplaces may be added later. Other key provisions of Bill 15:
- Age 19 minimum age for legal possession, consumption and cultivation
- Possession of up to 30 grams dried cannabis allowed in public
- Personal cultivation limit of 4 plants per household
- Yukon Liquor Corp. to regulate cannabis distribution
- Licences to be granted for retailing of cannabis.
March 8: The YWCHSB announced that an unknown person gained unauthorized access to the names and email addresses of 270 people who signed up for the “Library” feature on two occasions in March 2017. The intrusion, which the YWCHSB just discovered, was the result of a vulnerability in the software used to host the agency’s website.