Oct. 8: Changes to OHS Law Introduced
Posted On October 12, 2015
Based on recommendations from inquests into two sawmill explosions, the government introduced Bill 35, which will:
- Require employers to immediately report all fires and blasts that could seriously injure workers
- Require employer investigation reports to be provided to the JHSC or worker health and safety representative, or posted at the worksite
- Require employers to specify meaningful participation for worker and employer representatives in incident investigations
- Specify a role for JHSCs to provide advice to the employer on significant proposed equipment and machinery changes that may affect worker health and safety
- Allow WorkSafeBC to proactively assist JHSCs in resolving disagreements over health and safety matters.
Submit a policy: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do You Like This Tool ?