WorkSafeBC, 4-H British Columbia and AgSafe have created two new agriculture safety videos. The videos, 4-H Working Safely on Tractors and 4-H Working Safely Around Tractors, were produced by WorkSafeBC and filmed on location at a farm in Armstrong, BC. Key safety points highlighted in the videos:
- Read and follow the user’s manual for all farm equipment
- Ensure the tractor’s roll-over protection structures are up and always wear your seatbelt
- Always keep three points of contact when getting on and off equipment
- Wear high visibility apparel when working around farm equipment
- Ensure all power take off shields and guards are maintained and in place.